When was the last time you went to a drive in? How close is the nearest one for you?

I went last year, I think. Maybe around April? The nearest one for us is about an hour or hour and a half away, and I'm hoping like crazy that it's just a rumor that it may close down for good. It's the only one around here, I think.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Entertainment

• About 3 months ago. It's only about 40 minutes away. For now, until we move then It will be almost 1.5 hours.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• When Beauty and the Beast came out - the first time -- 1991. I don't know where the nearest one is now, but I would love to go to one.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We have one in town about 10 minutes from us.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We go almost every weekend during the summer. We have one that is about 20 minutes north and another one that is about a half an hour south. We love our drive-ins.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• In 1979 our family saw "Close Encounters of The Third Kind" at a drive-in when we lived in Las Vegas. That was the last time. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Last one I saw was about 2 months ago. When I go home to see my parents all I have to do is drive down the hill and I'm there. It's not even a mile away from where my parents live. We had seen toy story three and then the girls got to fussy so we had to leave before the second one.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 11:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• i havn't been to one in over 20 yrs...

Are there still some around?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• We went the last 2 summers. Didn't make it this summer though. It is only about a 45 minute drive or so. We really missed going this year, but we were just too busy with other stuff.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• When I was a little kid. I don't even remember what the movie was but I do remember going. There is one around but it is an hour away from where we are.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• In June. We went to see Toy Story 3. It's about 15 minutes away from us.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2010