Do you like the new cafemom?

I am seeing so many changes that I am honestly pretty disappointed in.. are you?

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 11:57 AM on Oct. 24, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I'm liking the stricter rules on the answers section. I really like how the annoying anonymous questions and mean people are getting deleted. Now it's harder for people to hide behind the button and make people feel horrible without fear of being reprimanded. Other than that...I'm not sure about the other changes o.o I'm not as active in other parts of the site.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I've only been on cafemom a couple months. What changes are you referring to?
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 11:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I think they are changes for the better, I think they are great.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 12:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Actually, I think they've added a lot of value and made a truly one-stop shop. For me, there's stuff I'm never going to use - but then again, I didn't like showdowns, polls are for when I'm excrutiatingly bored, etc. The buzz stuff, meh...I sometimes click, often don't.

But that's me.

Out there is someone who hates the stuff I like (the forums and the answers) and is THRILLED with the celebrity gossip, buzz and showdowns.

My main worry is that they're going to over-extend themselves. My secondary worry is with the overly intrusive commercial presence, but that's what's paying the bills and keeping the site free.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yeah, I agree with the over-extending thing. I'd hate for this site to become like baby-gaga...there seems to be a lot more members on that site and many of them are very horrible and cruel, much worse than the women on here. I think the more members you get, the less personal the site becomes.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Personally, I would still like them to add a feature to change our profile name if we wished..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2008