Fine hair breakage, Need help!

I have had thin, fine, breaking hair ever since I can remember! I've never had it past the tops of my shoulders and i've been DYING to have long luscious hair! I try not to use the straightener on it, as that causes a lot of damage. It's naturally curly too, but i've been wanting to grow it out! but everytime i try to grow it out (which is allll the time), It breaks off.. and that's why i never see length. Are there any products any of you would recommend with fine hair, like leave in conditioners/shampoos/supplements that would help me with my locks? Extensions are expensive and i don't know if they would work out well since i dont have a whole lot of hair to cover them up.

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 11:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Biosilk Silk Therapy Hair Treatment. You can find it at like a Walgreens if you have one, maybe any other store like that. But it protects your hair from heat damage also repairs, strengthens and makes your hair shinyyyy :)
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I have thin hair. I get this stuff from my stylist called Repair and Shine.. It works so great. I use it when my hair is damp -- it even helps protect your hair from the heat from the blow dryer, straightener, curling iron etc.. works wonders!!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• protein treatments and deep conditioning, use oil (not grease) like coconut oil, jojoba, shea oil. keep your hair in "protective styles" (braids, buns and wrapped at night when you go to bed). stop relaxing your hair all the time, try to relax every 2 or 3 months instead of every month. reduce the amount of heat you put to your hair. put the flat iron down and start rolling your hair the old fashion way.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 4:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Have you tried shampoo & conditioner to help make hair stronger. I heard that Mane & tail for horses work on thin hair. They sell it in the shampoo isle at Walmart, etc.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I know some people whose hair just will NOT grow past a certain length, my mom for instance, it is just too fine. Maybe speak with a hair expert to see if there is some good strengthening/thickening products to use.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Aveda has some great products for fine hair. To help prevent breakage, use a wide tooth comb when your hair is wet (never a brush!) When you use a brush, use a paddle brush. I also don't use a blow dryer/hair straightener every day. A good cut/trim can also help.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would evaluate your diet as well. Adding omega 3 fatty acids will work wonders on your hair.
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• try taking prenatal vitamins, they have helped my hair
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 5:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• vitamins!!!!
    Biotin, Nioxin or Impruv (online only)
    Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 9:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2010