Is it ok to use low dose cortisone cream... adult content

on a Yeast Infection? The cheapest stuff I can find in a store is $17, which I do NOT have. But I do have cortisone cream. Does anyone know if it is safe to use that down there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Health

• Feel free but it won't help.

Try other things that kill yeast: acid (mild vinegar solution --like a tsp in a cup of warm water) or alkaline (baking soda in water)...

If those don't work, investigate the possibility that you do not, in fact, have a yeast infection. A number other things are similar (but don't smell like bread/beer) and yeast killers don't work because they aren't fungus, they're bacteria. BV (bacterial vaginosis) is particularly like a yeast infection (itchy, thick irritating discharge, off odour) but no fungicide will kill it because it's a bacteria. You have to use antibiotics to kill it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• This is what popped up when i typed in your question to find an answer through Bing. Sorry i dont know any other creams to use since i never had a yeast infection before. I hope you can find something soon. heard they can be awful.

Cortisone cream should not be used for a yeast infection since it is not for internal use. You can either get a prescription from your physician or try an over the counter product for yeast infections.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010