Anyone elses phone get hot when they charge it?

I have a samsung galaxy s from tmobile and everytime I charge it, it seems to get hot. not so much when I text or do do apps or things. Sometimes when I talk it gets warm but mostly when it charges. Do you think it could be a defect?

Asked by NalimalanisMom at 11:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Entertainment

• Hubby is tech support for tmobile. He says that they use a high efficiency charger, that charges the phone very quickly. You may want to remove the battery and reinsert it, to make sure that it's contacting correctly, but other than that, it's supposed to.

Answer by lovinangels at 11:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• oh, and he says, Nice choice in phones. (He just got home and I think he may still be in work mode.) Also, he says, to get the "my account" app from tmobile, and you will be able to check the battery temp.

Answer by lovinangels at 11:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't think its a defect, I have a Blackberry and mine does too. When im talking or charging. I have heard horror stories about not talking on the phone while its charging, and im guessing thats why. I would maybe call your carrer and ask just to be sure!

Answer by mccoolemomma97 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• YES!!! I have a samsung moment and my phone gets hot too. Like almost too hot to hold. I texted my sales/tech guy and he said that is common with smart phones

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I am on Sprint. Thanks for getting answers from your hubby though. That was awesome

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2010