Would you rather have a cesarean or vaginal birth?

Would you rather have a vaginal birth or a cesarean?

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 11:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a c section, so honestly Id like to try a vaginal birth.
    Supernerdywife

Answer by Supernerdywife at 11:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Vaginal. I am terrified of a csection, that is why I refused the epidural because I didn't want an increased risk of one.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Vaginal!!! I had an emergency c-section for my twins & omg!! I can't imagine why, unless there is a health issue or an emergency (like mine), anyone would want a c-section!! LOL, that's just how I feel.
    jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 11:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• My first and only was a cesarean...so i'm hoping my next will b V/Birth
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 11:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I meant to put that I also had a vaginal birth for my oldest. lol, so I know both
    jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 11:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• vaginal...just ask my last OB, we fought over it.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Definitely a vaginal birth. I had a vaginal birth and yeah it hurt but recovery time is much faster, there is less risk to baby and mother, less risk of infection, and you don't really need someone there helping you do everything.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Well, I've never had a c-section... I don't really want to try one, but if I needed one I wouldn't fight it.

I'm hoping for vaginal - with epidural - like I had the last two times!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Vaginal. That is how our bodies were designed.

I have nothing against a C-section, if the mom or baby is in danger, but no way would I willingly opt for a major surgery rather then just push.

I have had 2 babies, and I pushed them both out. I was offered a c-section, the hospital even tried to talk me into it, with my 1st and I told the nurse to get out of my room and not to dare come back.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I had both My first was refusing to come out so we had to do the c-sec I was cut from my belly button to my "down there" hair line and was un able to walk for the 1st 3 days. I missed out on important stuff like changing his 1st diaper and his 1st bath because I just couldn't move. I had to live with my in-laws for the 1st week home. I had a VBAC for my 2nd and was up in running the same day. I hate to be negative but through my experance I would say anyone who chooses a c-section is mad!
    mccoolemomma97

Answer by mccoolemomma97 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2010