Babies and Nightmares?!?!?!

my 13 month old daughter awoke herself last night and i think it might be because she was having nightmares, she woke up screaming and crying and i could not soothe her very easily at all! It scared me the way she woke up SCREAMING, so i went and picked her up out of bed and laid her in between my boyfriend and I and she still had a hard time going back to sleep and would still cry every once in a while.
Do you think it could be stress or anything of that nature? this has happened before but only a couple of times!

Jalisasmommy

Asked by Jalisasmommy at 12:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter has been having what I think are nightmares for a while now. There isn't anything traumatic going on in her life and she hasn't been "scared" by anything at all, so I don't know where they stem from. The only thing I could think of is that she had a pretty traumatic birth, but you'd think she'd forget about that by now. (she's almost 13 months) They don't happen frequently, but once in a while she will wake up sobbing and is unconsolable for a few minutes. Usually I pick her up until she calms down, and then lay her down and rub her back until she falls asleep.
    alexis_mommy103

Answer by alexis_mommy103 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• it might just be nightmares
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It could be nitemares cause I work with kids and at nap time some of them wake up screaming we just go rub there backs and put them back to sleep.
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 12:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I know with my daughter, she will wake up crying sometimes if she has to pee or if she has peed on herself. Also, she could be teething?
    KayleesMom67

Answer by KayleesMom67 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• my little boy just turned 2 and he wakes up screaming too and he tells me it scare me i dont know what hes talking about but i think hes having nightmares too!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2008