Is it acceptable for a women in a relationship to go to a club?

I recently went to a bar that had a club in it. I do not drink and I went there with my friends to spend time with them and just to enjoy a couple hours out because I like the atmopshere of the bar. Well my fianance freaked out when he found out I went to a bar that has a club on the second floor. I did dance with my friends for about ten mintues in the club but then left and went back downstairs because it wasn't comfortable for me, I did not dance with any guys or talk to any guys. I felt like I did nothing wrong. That was my first time I went out in three months so it tells you that I do not get much free time. But I wore a sweatshirt and pants so I did not dress seductive at all. This happend a week ago and my fianance is still ticked off at me at it. Did I really do anything wrong?

GuardianAngel27

Asked by GuardianAngel27 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• i dont think so, ive been to a few clubs w/out df, hes okay w/it because its w/the girls., I dnt try to dance or talk to guys but some have tried comming up to me.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No!
    that's rediculous- what happened to a thing called TRUST? sounds like he has issues : /
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• No, mine tells me to go dancing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• He sounds like my bf. if i did that too, hed flip! tell him if he trusts you enough esp. to be engaged to him then NOT TO WORRY!
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with a group of girlfriends going to a club, whether they are partnered up or not. Now Personally I'd like my man to go along with me, just because its fun but if its just me and the girls then I am all for it. My partner has no problem. ITS TRUST!
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 11:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I don't think you did anything wrong at all! Sounds to me like your fiance might have some trust/insecurity issues with the relationship that need to be talked about. I just went out with my friends to a bar a few weekends ago, while my fiance stayed home and watched our son. He wanted me to go so I could get a break! I had a lot of fun and did not talk to a single guy. I don't mind if he goes golfing with his friends once in awhile because that's how he likes to relax and relieve stress. I like hanging out with my friends and having a few drinks. Its a give and take.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Lol, what is this? the 1800's? Of course you did nothing wrong, nor would you have done nothing wrong if you were dancing the whole time and in a cute outfit.
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 12:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• *done anything wrong
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 12:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, you didn't. I don't like going to bar with clubs attached unless I am with my husband tho.. but it is a comfort issue with myself. Otherwise, I will go to a bar with my girl friends and never think anything about it =]
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yegads, he needs to get a grip. Sounds like his insecurity is on hyper-drive. You didn't do anything wrong. You went there with friends and had fun. No guys involved. If he trusted you, then there would be no issue at all, right? This is one of those "red flags" that you don't realize are red flags until you are in too deep. Please, keep an eye out for other flags now (like how he treats waitresses, does he have many friends, is it always an issue to hang out with your friends, does he need to know where you're at all the time, etc)
    inthepit

Answer by inthepit at 12:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2010