Her son gets headaches often,why do you think that is?

I don't know this woman very well else I'd ask her but hoping I don't have to.He doesn't wear glasses,could be a eye strain but he's old enough to tell someone he needs glasses.Just wondering if it's apart of a disease or something, like when people get migrains though not part of a disease but still wondering why people get those.It would be good to know what causes the headaches then I'd have more to talk to her about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• He could be dehydrated, have sinus issues, need glasses. No one will know until he has an MRI so that other things can be ruled out. There are many, many reasons someone can have a migraine. For example, I get them when the weather changes drastically, I am dehydrated or overstressed. My son also gets them--heredity/genetics. Someone on a website cannot diagnosis why someone's child is having migraines/headaches, it is up to that parent to take them to the doctor to find out why.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have gotten migraines since I was 13 yrs old wish I knew.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would suggest the child be taken in for an eye exam-- to rule out eye issues or get glasses- if needed. Then if he still has headaches I would suggest the child see a doctor and be evaluated.
    My oldest and middle had eye exams this fall and both needed glasses. My middle thought he would need them as he did not think he could see certain things very well. My oldest was insistent that he could see 'perfectly' and did not need glasses. Once he had his glasses he changed his mind, and now he has them on all the time. So a child may not realize that their vision may not be 100%.
    My middle has gotten headaches from playing the computer too long. He is also prone to headaches anyway-- as I do suffer from headaches and so do some of my family members.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• eye exam is needed my daughter did not need strong prescription but it was enough to give her headaches
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010