iud update!!

ok i did a post about a week ago about my iud and i went to the dr and the dr said the bleeding couldnt be from the iud..........well she said it could be from cyst on my overies she did unnessiary embarrassing test that was uncalled for im pissed off and i did complain because i told her that me or my husband doesnt cheat! she said and i quote "its not a perfect world!" and either one of you could have! i wanted to rip her throat out when she said that! but anyways my iud wasnt taken out but im making an appointment to have it taken out and she wanted to push getting my tubes tied too im 23yrs old who in there right mind says that to a 23 yr old i may want another baby somewhere down the road!! jeezzzz whats wrong with her?

4lyfe56

Asked by 4lyfe56 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Health

• Wow, I don't know where you live, but I don't know of any place where it is ethical for a doctor to try to influence reproductive choices on a person unless the recipients IMMEDIATE is at risk. BTW, the IUD may or may not have causes the cyst, but they are common. I have had the cysts before I got my IUD and after. They are usually not life threatening even thought they are painful and produce unusual bleeding.
    Regardless of your experience, get a second opinion or switch doctors. Tubal ligation is a final option, not a first option and rarely one ANY doctor would suggest on someone so young.
    The above post may have had it done early, but it was BY CHOICE and not likely to have had it recommend strongly by her doc. Yes, it may be an option, but should the the last one I think.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 12:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i had my tubes tied at 23 im 26 now it depends on the person i dont want anymore kids i have one of each and thats all i wanted so im happy with it but you might want another doctor i would of gone off to
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2008