Cervix Self Exam

Ok, so i see all this stuff about self examinations to see if your cervix is closed...I have been trying and for the life of me I cant tell or feel anything. When I was prego with my son they said that my cervix is far back...could this be why I dont feel anything. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• What are you talking about? Never heard of this in my life, and I'm a nurse.
    Anonymous

• Are you talking about cervical position? during pregnancy your cervix is higher up and closed tightly. I think this might be what you're looking for.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I believe she wants to know how can u feel it what does it feel like where can u feel it. Stuff like that. i can't hel on that tho I'm sorry. I wouls also like to know
    Anonymous

• See i was told that you can put your fingers in you and feel your cervix to determine if it is open or closed. My problem is when i do that I have NO IDEA what I am feeling up there. Maybe my fingers are too small or im doing something wrong.....I dont know.
    When I was prego with my son and the nurse did a pelvic exam she said that the position of my uterus or my cervix was positioned further back than normal. So I wanted to know could this be the reason that I am not feeling anything.
    Anonymous

• maby. what it will feel like is just a hard bump in the top of your vagina.like a knot or a lumpish thing, and if you can feel the center of it it will have an indentation where the hole is, i hope this helps, also FYI it is easy est to feel when you are in the bath, idk why.
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 10:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I will try that...Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2008