Would you let your child fly in this condition?

A flight from Mexico was held at a Colorado airport after a 23-month-old child onboard was reported sick, a Frontier Airlines spokeswoman said.

"Paramedics boarded the flight and have assessed the child and taken the child to a local hospital," said airline spokeswoman Lindsey Purves.

Health officials interviewed the child's family and allowed other passengers to deplane using stairs instead of the jetway, said Jeff Dimond of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC asked passengers to fill out contact information, Purves said.

Denver health officials told CNN television affiliate KUSA that preliminary reports indicate the infant may have hand, foot and mouth disease.

Kevin Schumacher, who was a passenger on the plane, told the affiliate he saw the child.

"The kid had blisters in their mouth and on their hands and feet," Schumacher said.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The CDC asked passengers to fill out contact information, Purves said.

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• good grief, that is very contagious how rude.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• sorry pregnant brain and when you have to have the paramedics board the plane I think the poor baby is too sick to travel!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, but in all fairness....the parents may not have been aware.
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 1:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The parents may not have been aware how contagious it is but they had to know with symptoms like that the baby was too sick to fly
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• poor baby
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If I was aware of it, no.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would think my first reaction to seeing my child with these symptoms would be to take my child to a Dr. to diagnose the condition. If we had to fly somewhere and were on a tight schedule, I guess I would have to defer to the Dr. whether my child was healthy enough to fly.

That's a pretty selfish thing of the parents. Even if they didn't know exactly what was wrong with their child, they definitely had to know there was something wrong. Blisters on the feet, hands and mouth are not normal.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The flight from Mexico to Colorado is NOT that long of a flight. I would think the parents would know their child well enough to know those blisters are not normal. I would NOT be so selfish and all consuming as to allow my child to fly under these circumstances.
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I guess if it was an emergency.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2010