Do you think that Obama is taking too many vacations?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Haha, I think this is funny. Oh nooo,,, of course Mr. Wonderful Obama isn't. But Bush is quicked to get bashed for the same thing. I forgot, Obama must not do no wrong. Every wrong or bad decision he does has 'some' justification.

I personally can't say if he is or not. I do not watch anything that has to do with the man, his poitics alone, but could even care less about his 'personal life'. But I don't doubt it.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think he takes a lot of personal time off, don't know if you would call them true vacations. It's fine with me, the less time he spends in the White House, the less he can screw up
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well, just like any job, he has vacation days. Is he not aloud to use them? This will always be a topic well debated. But, so far...Bush still trumps Obama on vacation days. Bush still holds the records for most vacations of any president.

BUT, i really think it's important for any president to unwind. It's a tough, stressful job & if they had no time to unwind, they'd probably be on meds in order to cope with the stress.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It depends. How much are the taxpayers paying for? If we're not paying for it, he can take all the days and travel as much as he wants. If we're paying for it, he needs to keep himself and his family in DC and stop spending our money on his leisure. He can find ways to relax and unwind there.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think he should take more the less time he is in Washington or out campaigning for other Dems the better.

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 10:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• But Bush is quicked to get bashed for the same thing.
    ____________________
    Bush got bashed for being the top vacation-taking president in recent history. Obama takes less than most, it just gets more attention. You are turning it around to say poor picked on Bush in a thread where people are bashing Obama. Good try, but it doesn't fly.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Frankly, I really don't care. Not to mention~The definition of 'vacation' seems to vary in the media with who is in office. Flying hundreds of miles for a date night (funny how the cost of the trip to the environment and taxpayer doesn't seem to bother many who were bothered by other president's carbon footprint) is not considered a vacation to 'some'. Playing golf, is not considered 'vacation', Camp David to 'some' is considered a vacation for some President's in office, but not weighted the same for others.
    Apparently vacations are defined subjectively.....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Obama takes less than most, it just gets more attention for what ever the reason it's funny to read anyway.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I haven't been paying that much attention to his daily routine, but no I don't.
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 1:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2010