ever get that feeling that something is just not quite "right"

My DH has started doing a lot of texting lately. Claimes it to his best freind. I have noticed his phone is not where he usually leaves it, but it wasn't next to the bed either for a weeks or so. Friday night he went to bed before me (normal) and I went back in a few minutes later to get soxs & he was texting in bed, in the dark. Not normal! I made a comment a few times how strange that was! Said he was checking alerts for work (which he has to do, but never does this in bed - phone is usually in the Kitchen) Then he seems to lean away when try to see what he's texting & so I flat out asked who he's texting. He says BFF. Sat night he was at his PC & kept min. his e-mail when ever I got near. I checked his phone & his whole history was deleted, only texts from work and BFF since Friday. All call history deleted. I find this all strange. Am I being to paranoid? IDK what to think. With out bashing please.... Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think you are being paranoid. His behavior is very suspicious and I'd be worried too.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• your not being paranoid. you know in ur "gut" somethings wrong. check the call history and texts from ur cell carrier.
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 1:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• He is showing red flags, don't ignore them. You sound sane and need to press till you find what is going on.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You are not being paranoid, there is something going on. Maybe when he's taking a shower you can check his computer??Maybe he doesn't think you will check his computer since you are just questioning him now about his phone??? That's what I did. Mine was dumb enough to let his passwords written down on pieces of paper. I got lucky but keep trying to find out. You don't need treated like that.
    teddi32465

Answer by teddi32465 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Just wait for it. He will get sloppy when you stop reacting and noticing. Just don't say anything and go on about your daily activities. If there is something to be hidden then after a little bit of you not caring -- he will slip.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 1:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I just read this post to my husband ( and you already know my opinion from the answer I left but..) after I was done.. I asked his thoughts - he said oh he is creeping.. and that is said by a man. So, you are not paranoid and don't beat yourself up over it. I am sorry that you are going thru this
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• nope its all signs of cheating

danni1982

Answer by danni1982 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Lay down the law and tell him if he can't show you what he's texting then he can pack and get out. These are red flags and something is going on. I'd try and find anything on him first but if thats running into a dead end then it's time to pull out the big guns and tell him he can show you what he's texting or get out.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 2:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• always follow your gut and ask him for total honesty...I mean if he wont tell you now you will find out eventually and it could be worse by then...its better if he comes clean so you can move on or move out...sorry for brutal honesty here...but he is definately doing something "suspicious" and you should not have to live with this type of behaviour!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sorry I didn't see what you said about it being a work account. There are devices that you can use on any cell phone and computer to get information and he will never know. Do a google search and you will find a lot of things like that. I had a friend that did it and she caught her hubby that way.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2010