paranormal? adult content

my dd is 3 and says she sees a man in her window.. we live in an upstairs so there can not be any one there. i asked what does he look like she said mommy he is white like paper and has red too... their has been stuff happening since she was small and im not sure what to do ignore it... tell her its fake? what would you do?

VERONICAS_MOM

Asked by VERONICAS_MOM at 1:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds like someone may be watching over her. Do you have a deceased father or grandfather that may have been the one standing by her crib as a child? I would let her talk about it all she wants, children often see what adults do not. And it's good to keep communication open with her, you don't want her to feel like she is odd for seeing things or talking about it. That would only make her feel worse.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm a firm believer in the paranormal; I would ask what kind of things he does, does he ever talk to her, etc. She could be making it up, or she could be dreaming or there might really be something there, you never know! As long as nobody is getting hurt, it's all good.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Do you think she's making it up? Because if not, telling her it's fake isn't going to do anything except get her to stop coming to you and talking about it. Children tend to have the ability to see things adults can't... Although some adults can see them as well. In cases like this, I actually have seen similar things, I lived in a 3rd floor apartment and more than once saw someone clearly staring in the window at me... So it's more than possible. However, unless you feel there is any danger, I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are it's what we call a "replay" or residual haunting more than it is anything else... Something most likely happened there and the energy hasn't dissipated yet... I would simply start pulling the curtains closed before bed and tell her there isn't anything to be afraid of... Or you could tell her he's her "angel" or something like that if it will make her feel better.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would let her talk about it. I believe in the paranormal and t sounds like she may really be seeing something.If you and your dd don't feel scared I would not worry about it too much.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• ive asked her twice and she says he says her name and looks at her. idk to be scared or....what lol when she was a baby i woke up and there was a shadow standing by her crib and a family friend went to check on her and asked who was the older man. i freaked and no one was there. she was only a couple of months old
    VERONICAS_MOM

Comment by VERONICAS_MOM (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would hear her out whenever she wants to talk about it, then reassure her that she's safe. I wouldn't bring it up, asking "Do you see anything now?" etc because that would probably just confuse her and she'd be more likely to make something up. But hearing her out is good; it will let her know you care - that way she won't be afraid to talk to you about it. If it's something real, you know she'll come to you if there's a problem. If it's something fake, eventually she will get it out of her system by talking about it.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• it may be a relative or her guardian angel.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 7:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I had an issue like this when my son was about 3, It scared me to death, I always say and felt things as a kid and to know he did to just freaked me out, don't scared her out of it, then she will think it's her fault and it's not.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2010