My 6 month old wont touch anything cold.

My daughter is 6 months old and wants nothing to do with anything that is cold. We have to warm up all of her food, her milk and even her juices to get her to drink them. She is teething now and wont chew on cold teething rings, ice cubes, or even a wet washcloth. Baby oragel doesnt seem to be working and I dont want her to live off of infant Tylenol. We tried teething cookies but they are way too messy to use anywhere but at home where we can bathe her afterwards. Any other suggestions?

MommyEastman

Asked by MommyEastman at 12:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do you have a cvs? if so go buy some teething tablets they are like 6 dollars if that they work wonders and it disloves under thier tounge some kids dont like cold stuff
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Most babies don't like cold things. It burns warm hands when you hold cold stuff. She will survive teething w/o a teething ring, oragel and tylenol
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I don't like cold things either... It might just be the way she is.. Teething rings don't have to be cold, just something they can chew on. My Dr. used to prescribe a mixture for the kids.. It was something like Xylocaine.. Ask about it.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My son drank warm milk until he was about 4. He loves warm food.

I agree on the teething tablets, they work wonders. The cap is not child proof so don't leave it in the diaper bag.

I also used the teething cookies. I just packed disposable bibs and lots of wipes. He teethed long and late (started at 4 months, no teeth until 13 months) so you may have to cave eventually on the cookies outside the home if it provides comfort.

I gave him nighttime oragel when he was really bad and to help him sleep thru the night.

good luck.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My son didn't like warm things either. As painful as it was for me, I let him teeth his first 4 teeth on my bent knuckle. It was the only thing that comforted him.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Teething tablets are the best. Raeleigh started teething very early and we'd just put a few in her bottle and it worked wonders especially for bedtime.
    xxsthrnswthrtxx

Answer by xxsthrnswthrtxx at 1:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My son was/is the same way - he will be a year but even at birth he hated cold wipes, he will NOT take any type of cold teething ring - or even warm ones for that matter - but his food needed to be warmed too - as he got around 8-9 months we lessened the heat on the food but he still likes them warm- My son basically IS living on tylenol because the teething tablets and oragel didn't work- he won't even take dry clothes or chew on anything - ugh!! i hear ya mommy
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My daughter took teething tabs. Worked well. She refused really cold milk and the teethers out of the freezer. I put them in the fridge so they were chilly but not cold. That worked. Sassy MAM pacifiers have one that has teething pumps on them. That might help. Nothing says teethers have to be cold, either!
    Anonymous