During the holidays my sister and I make things for my 4 kids classmates and her 5 grandchildren's classmates. I try to stay away from candy . Any ideas??

Last Christmas we sewed about 150 stockings plus filled them with toothbrushes, toys and pencils and sugarless gum and book marks. We are trying to do different things this year for our Halloween treat bags. I am not a rich woman, quite the opposite, but I try to teach my kids to give instead of expecting to receive. Any ideas?? Anyone?

Barbs05

Asked by Barbs05 at 2:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• Handmade cards with holiday pencils....they can always use another pencil. :)
    Mommy2509

Answer by Mommy2509 at 2:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Check out orientaltrader.com. You can buy big bags of toys, pencils and different things for really cheap prices. For girls you could also buy beads and make little bracelets and necklaces out of them. Stickers are always fun for kids too.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 9:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• stickers, temporary tattoos, a book for that specific holiday, a healthy snack like granola bars.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Thank you all. Those are all helpful ideas. Sometimes I need to just stop making everything and buy more already made things. Right now we ( my sister and I ) are making tic tac toe games. We have cut out about 150 pumpkins for the game board, with 5 ghosts and 5 mini pumpkins for each game. Oh my hands ache. And of course me and my big idea was to not cut square game boards but actual shapes of the ghosts and pumpkins. Aaaah!!! The things I do for my kids. Oh well they will remember these things and hopefully do the same with their kids. My mom and Dad did it for all of their kids. Thank you all again for your ideas.
    Barbs05

Comment by Barbs05 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2010