Would you be mad? adult content

My kids go to church on Sundays with my parents - it's a long story (No, I won't go into it) but I am under a court order that INCLUDES my kids going to my parents for 2 days per month for respite for me. There have been numerous problems with this because my mother is a b!tch. Plain and simple. She hates me so my love meter for her is on zero. Anyway. I spent 20 - 25 minutes this morning doing my dd's hair (she's 8.5 yrs old and wanted it in a specific design) and as soon as my mother sees her and is away from me, she goes and destroys what I did. My dd was heartbroken because she loved it and I am pissed that she would do this! Would you be mad?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 2:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes. Also I would put a recorder on the kids to make sure bad stuff isn't being said.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes, I'd probably be a little upset.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• pissed...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Of course I'd be mad!

Aside from that, I can't think of any sound, logical advice for you. My anger would win over my logic in this round.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• whoreallycares - it's funny you said that because there IS bad things being said. My kids tell me everything, and they have reported to me on NUMEROUS visits, my mother will trash talk me and their dad to them. My 10 yr old says "I'm sick of it mom! I am not going to listen to that anymore! I love you and dad and the next time she says crap I am going to tell her as nicely as I can that I don't want to hear it anymore".
    My mother HATES their dad to the extent that she has made it very clear to them that they cannot talk about him in her home (Her house - her rules). She even took a special blanket of my 8 yr olds and a shirt of his my 10 yr old sleeps with, put them in a trash bag and said she was "throwing them away". My kids were hysterically upset! She didn't throw them away - she threw the bag at me and said "take his sh!t or we will throw it away". I was appalled at this! This simply cannot be healthy for my kids!
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 3:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My kids' dad and I are divorced, but we work very hard together to make sure that our kids know we both love them and that they never have to choose between us. They can have us both. I have sole custody and placement, and his visitation is a minimum of 10 hours per week, but I let them see each other anytime he wants when he's not working. In fact, he helps me a great deal with my health problems.....he doesn't have to - he wants to.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 3:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I am so totally curious as to the court order stuff, the respite care!!!!!
    You need to get a, what's it called, mediator? It's not exactly that. That will talk with the kids, since they are too young yet to talk with the judge. If your mom and you have such a horrible relationship, and that is affecting your kids this much, then the court order needs to be changed. You should speak with your attorney.

And yes, I'd be pissed about the hair.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thanks Tam - that's how I feel too.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You are right Raine....my mother tried AGAIN to take my kids from me....she does this to my brother and to his dd as well as a cousin of mine. Well she got awarded 2 days per month of having my kids. I home school and the judge said that I needed a "break" from my kids, that it wasn't good that we are always together. Well, this is literally tearing them apart because of her nastiness.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I alway get pissed if anyone undermines me where my children are concerned. Just teach your kids that everybody is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong it is
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 8:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2010