Give them away!

Why do mothers hold on to their child they don't want or love? I have a neice who has said she doesn't love her child. She leaves him at home when they go on trips, she makes him walk five miles in the rain to get to school and home. She always yells at him and calls him bad names. Never comforts him or touches him. The sad part is, he wants her love so bad, he'll accept it on any level. He's a straight A student, plays sports, and helps talk care of his siblings. Why didn't she just leave him with his grandmother who he loved and loved him?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Because they still benefit from the situation!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• This is heartbreaking!!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have no idea..... very sad situation.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i dont know, but someone needs to intervene on his behalf. that is heart breaking

3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 3:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree. What's worse, is her sister doest the same to her first born. She treats her like a slave. Shows no love or affection to her. If anyone gives her something, she gives it to her sisters. She sleeps on a old bed with an old blanket. Her mother lets her younger sister tear up her stuff and hit on her. It is hard to watch these young mothers be so cruel to their childen. I just don't get it. Why keep them if you don't want them? They yell throughout the day. But its not enough to call children services on them. If it wasn't for the grandmother in their lives, they'd have no comfort at all. But even that is limited. They play the Grandmother against the childen. If the grandmother doesn't do what they want, she can't see the grandchildren. I'm trying to save for gas money so I can go get her coz they're stealing her food/money/meds whiles she's ill. I'm afraid they'll kill her...Plz pray. Thank you
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 3:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2010