What is the easiest way to potty train a little girl?

My daughter will go on the potty once in a while but how do I give her the help to do it all the time? I have tried surprises, rewards, candy and other treats nothing works.

mommame05

Asked by mommame05 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• she will go on her own when shes ready my daughter is 3 and shes still not fully potty trained she wears diapers only at night but during the day she wears undies you could try taking her to the store and letting her pick out her own undies and tell her if she goes potty in them you will have to throw the away that might work
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If you have already tried the sticker calendar and everything else then I would do 2 things.

First I would set a schedule so she has to try and go at set times. Even if she says she does not have to go I would say "Well you need to try because you have not gone in a while"

Second if you have not already taken her shopping for underwear I would do that. Make it as exciting as possible.

If you have done all of that and nothing works then I would back off. She might feel that this is the only thing she can control in her life and that is what she is doing. As frustrating as it is try not to get mad at her when she has accidents and just keep letting her know that she can do it.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• You did not mention how old she was. Definately put her into undies, no diapers or Pull ups. Have her help with the clean up if she is old enough. Have her change her own clothes when she messes them. She will learn that it is easier to go in the potty then mess up her clothes. Praise big time for success and be matter of fact about the messes. Oh look you messed your clothes, you will need to change your clothes.
    The shopping for underwear is a very good idea. Let her know she doesn't want to mess on her pretty panties. My friends had a little girl who stopped having accidents when she wanted to play in the ball area at the IKEA store and was told she couldn't play there until she stopped having accidents. Different kids have different motivators.
    Good Luck
    Meerkatie

Answer by Meerkatie at 6:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2008