Why is it that every time one of my family members die so does one of my pets, or so it seams?

My aunt died about a week ago and about five days later one of my fish dies which made me think about my past family members. When my great uncle died my male dog at the time died the same year. When my great aunt died my old female cat died the same year. When my grandmother died my other female cat died the same year. When my great aunt in law died my male cat died the same year. And now that all I have left are fish and my aunt dies so does one of my fish. What is up with that? Can anyone answer this one?

BUTTERCUP777

Asked by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Now that is just plain sad! Why does it happen? Maybe they sensed your grief? or as it says in the bible, " To every thing there is a season. A time to be born and a time to die." Although, I must say, there is something to be said about the timing. Is there something to be learned from it? What do you think?
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• There is something to be said for coincidences, but who knows.

When my best friend died (Cancer) last spring, her pet lizard died the same morning. At the time, we laughed and said that she knew her fiance wouldn't take care of him. I don't know if she took him or not, but it did make us think.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't know. Same thing happens to me. Everytime I get pregnant, someone I know dies. Coincidence and the fact that most animals have shorter life spans than humans.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thank you ladies for trying to answer this and, 2autisticsmom, letting me know that I'm not alone. There are few things that really stump me but this is definitely a head scratcher for me. I truely have no idea why this has happened and so many times. It's very strange to say the least. Hmmm...?

BUTTERCUP777

Comment by BUTTERCUP777 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010