how can i get my 2 year old to sleep in his own bed?

i cant get my son to sleep in his own bed. he was always sleeped in our bed b.c right after he was born his dad left for iraq and it helped me sleep. now we can get him to sleep in his own bed. i say we should just let him cry it out soon he will go to bed or just keep putting him back in his bed when he does get up but them that last 2 to 3 hrs. i need help!!!!

daniy

Asked by daniy at 12:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can put the bed in ur room and then after awhile if she sleeps in it put it back in his own room with a night light and whatever else he wants
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• You can lay down with him in his bed until he falls a sleep...or like you said let him cry
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 1:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I would try the putting him in his bed and lying with him until he falls asleep and then going to your own bed.
    You can also let him cry it out. He is safe and you are teaching him a new lesson about where he is to sleep now. He is unhappy because he is confused as to why it was alright to begin with and now it is not. Believe me if you don't teach him that he needs to sleep in his own bed now, it will be MUCH harder later on. My son cried several hours a night for about 3-4 nights and then then he learned that his bed was where he had to sleep.
    Hang in there, he will learn it and you all will be happier for it.
    Meerkatie

Answer by Meerkatie at 6:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• thanks.... he did cry a lil today but since he didnt have a nap he went to sleep kind of fast.... i guess no more nap time for him!!
    daniy

Answer by daniy at 10:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2008