Has your dog had a cherry eye?

I have a Cockerspaniel and I had to fix this myself last night... Have you had to do it? If so, how often does this happen? I hated doing it.. I thought I would hurt him...

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 12:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pets

• Some dogs are just prone to this problem and it happens a lot in Cockers due to their anatomy (bulging eyes, gaping eyelids). You may need to take him/her to the vet if it happens again. They should be able to treat it with simple surgery.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, I don't know why I made that response anonymous, habit I suppose, lol.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 12:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• There is a very simple surgical procedure to fix this problem permanently , you might want to get this done because this is a recurrent problem , and it can cause infections, ulcerations and even the loss of the eye if left untreated.
    Mom2PunkRockers

Answer by Mom2PunkRockers at 1:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i wouldn't try to fix it again if i were you, you could cause a serious infection by doing so, next time i would take her to the vet and have it fixed surgically that way it can be done in a sterile and proper way to reduce the risk of infection and complications such as blindness and ulcerations
    Rachel1786

Answer by Rachel1786 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2008