Do you remember this song?

I'm so happy and here's the reason why;
Jesus took my burden all away.
Now, I'm singing as the days go by;
Jesus took my burden all away.
Once my heart was heavy with a load of sin;
Jesus took the load and gave me peace within
(my heart and)
Now I'm singing as the days go by;
Jesus took my burdens all away.

We used to sing this at Bible camp, and the girls would hold out the 'here' so it went "I'm so happy and heeeeerrrreeees the reason why...." and it sounded so cool. :)

Ooh, and do you know "Are You Giving to the World a Smile"?

What's a favorite song of yours?

charliebean

Asked by charliebean at 4:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow! I haven't heard that song for about 15 yrs!! I remember it vaguely. I have a favorite that we used to sing at camp and church and cannot think of what it is or how it goes, but they guys and girls had their own parts and yeah - sounded so awesome!

Grrr.....

Now won't be able to sleep trying to think of that song! lol
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• And Jesus said, "Come to the water. Stand by my side. I know you are thirsty. You won't be denied. I felt every tear drop when in darkness you cried. And I strove to remind you that for those tears I died.

Your goodness so great Lord, I can't understand. And yet I know, that all this was planned. I know You're here now and always will be. Your love loosed my chains and in You I'm free, but Jesus why me?

Repeat chorus above.
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I know, I had the first verse stuck in my head but couldn't remember it until I googled it, lol. There were so many fun songs we used to sing at camp that I miss, like the one where the guys go "Hallelu, hallelu, hallelu, hallelujah" and the girls go "Praise ye the Lord!". I miss the good ol' camp days. *sniff*
    charliebean

Comment by charliebean (original poster) at 4:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Prayer, I don't know that song, but I love the words to it. :)
    charliebean

Comment by charliebean (original poster) at 5:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I've never heard those songs but I love the song "heart of worship" Its a newer worship song I think. I don't go to church anymore but I still sing that song...lol...it goes "when the music fades and all is stripped away and I simply come....longing just to bring something thats of worth that would bless your heart.....I'll give you more than a song,,cuz a song in itself is not what you have required. You look much deeper within. through the way things appear you're looking into my heart.....I'm coming back to the heart of worship and its all about you, its all about you JESUS. I'm sorry lord for the things I've made it when its all about you itsall about you jesus."
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 5:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2010