What is your religion and what does it believe?

I'm just very curious about the religions of the world. NO BASHING! Just in like 3 sentences or less tell me a bit about your religion.

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 4:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• 1)religion: feeding the fatherless & widows & caring for the poor. James 1:27
    2)Whoever believes in the Lord will not parish but have eternal life in Pardise John 3:15
    3)Nothing can separate us from the love of God Romans 8:38,39 (He save me from death/ gave me life & 30 loving years in marriage.

I am a witness of what God's love can do. If you want to ask anything, plz contact me. I hope this helped.
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm an atheist.  I don't believe in any gods or any kind of afterlife.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Hindu

I believe in the laws of Karma, Reincarnation & compassion for all living things.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Jehovah's witness. We believe that Jesus is God's son, 2 separate people. We believe that after the resurrection that the righteous will live on earth in paradise the way it was originally and only 144,000 will reside in heaven. We dont believe in hell.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I am a 7th Day Remnant. We worship the True Sabbath from Fri. sundown to Sat. sundown. We do not water down scriptures nor do we minx words. We do not believe in the trinity, but know that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are 3 separate beings...such as with water...you have ice, steam and liquid...from the same substance but different forms.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 9:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Everything is in balance so there is a male and female deity. All religions are right to some degree. The deities do not care what names you use for them.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Pagan.

I believe in the God and Goddess and the forces of Nature.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I practice Buddhism. It's not so much something I believe as something I live. The Buddha's basic teachings were the Four Noble Truths (1. That dissatisfaction is inherent in our world. 2. That the cause of dissatisfaction is clinging/craving/desire. 3. That there is a means to end this cycle of craving and dissatisfaction. 4. That one way to end dissatisfaction is to follow the Noble Eightfold Path.) The Noble Eightfold Path is a philosophy of eight intertwined branches of wisdom, ethics, and spiritual discipline: 1. Right view 2. Right intentions 3. Right speech. 4. Right action 5. Right livelihood 6. Right effort 7. Right mindfulness 8. Right concentration. As far as a concept of God goes, I tend to be a pantheist: God is the ground of being, God is the energy that everything comes from and returns to, God is the 'fertile emptiness' of the universe.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I am a Christian. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons).

I believe in God as my Heavenly Father, and in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
    I believe that man will be punished for his own sins, not for Adam's transgression.
    I believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved through obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.
    I believe that the first principles and ordinances of the gospel are 1st, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, 2nd, repentance, 3rd, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins, and 4th, the laying on of hands for the Gift of the Holy Ghost.
    I believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church namely: apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
    I believe the Bible to be the word of God, as far as it is translated correctly. I also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of Go
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 5:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010