Can LDR's work?

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 4:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Long distance relationships work if you want them to. You have to decide if its worth investing in. Have you met them? They're family and friends? Do you want to be serious or casual? Are you looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with? And should they ask you to marry them, are you willing to uproot your life to where they are? If you can say yes to all these questions, you stand a chance. By the way. This wouldn't by any chance be an internet relationship would it? If it is, get there address. Make a suprise visit. watch them from afar for an hour or whatever time you fell right about. Talk to family/friends to get a feel of what he's like. If he's a mama's boy & has her name on his checking account, car, home, turn around & run the other way. He's married to her! If he's always making suggestions, may be too controling for you. How long working? You don't want to carry the load. I hope it works. Hope this helps
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Not for me it didnt, but for some people it does. it takes a lot of trust & the ability to be able to get used to being alone---A LOT! The traveling back & forth for us both got to be expensive, our phone bills were huge, we werent able to attend functions with one another such as family gatherings & special ocassions, you get the picture.

another thing people dont think about is if one or the other reloacates so you can be together everyday, it's a whole new ball game learning to adjust to being together everyday, compared to once in awhile. sometiems you find you dont really get along afterall.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 7:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My no-DH and I met in New York City, he lived in Cleveland, OH and I lived in Columbus, OH. It was only 3 hours, but still had to work/plan to see each other. We moved in together (I moved to Cleveland) after about a year of dating.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• What's LDR? Since I don't know what those letter's stand for, I must not know the answer. Bummer! I'll check back to see if you explained what the letter's mean. Sorry I couldn't be more help...
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Long distance relationship...sorry should have typed it out...lol
    BigfordBrat

Comment by BigfordBrat (original poster) at 4:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Good advice! Yes it's a internet relationship...lol and we want it to be a long term thing but we're moving slow because of the fact its the internet...lol....Yesterday we've been together 8 months and most of what you suggested I've already done...lol...so I guess I'm handling it right...lol.
    BigfordBrat

Comment by BigfordBrat (original poster) at 5:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree 100% with PP. She is soooooooooo right on! I can tell you from EXPERIENCE that she's right!! Learn from her advice and my living it to learn it - it's good! lol Hope things work out the way you want....GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you're both willing to work on it, then yes, it is worth it. I tried it once when I was 18. It worked out until it became too difficult for him to want to stay loyal/faithful.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2010