Possibly dehydrated: Should I call the doctor?

Last Saturday, I was feeling a lot of pressure at 30 weeks and was sent to L&D. I was dehydrated even though I had been drinking 8 glasses of water per day - and had to stay for IV fluids as I was contracting.

Thursday, my entire family came down with a stomach virus. It's Monday and I'm still having diarrhea every time I eat and I know I'm dehydrated - I don't want to go into the hospital. I felt okay yesterday, but was up all last night.

It makes me nervous because I'm already measuring small. Do I wait a couple hours until the office opens? Am I just being dramatic?

Melissa823

Asked by Melissa823 at 6:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would try to drink as much water as you can and as long as you aren't feeling contractions wait until the office opens, but then you need to go get looked at, especially since you already were dehydrated and you're measuring small.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 6:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Do you have a 24 hr nurse line you can call to talk to a nurse and see what they recommend? Mine is on the back of my insurance card. If not, try calling your dr now and see if they have an answering service. You don't want to mess around with this hun. You are too early to have the baby even though if you did, the baby probably would survive, it's better if s/he can incubate in mama longer. I wouldn't wait. I would call now.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree with both of them. I was around 30 weeks and got dehydrated and started contracting. They told me to drink lots of water and when I don't think I can drink any more drink some more. I would still call the doctor.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 8:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• maybe try some pedialyte too id go in and get checked out dont wanna go into early labor
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• get some pedialyte and call your doctor. Your a contracting because of dehydration i drank lots of water and could not keep it down i was close to being hospitalized for it but finally hydrated.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010