Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kinda strange?

My hubby and i were recently in California for business/pleasure,..he has an ex-wife out there along with his 5 yr old dd. According to the ex, who also has another dd with the guy she was with after she moved back to cali, that cali law states that the guy has rights to hubby's dd??..well, we're trying to find ways to claim her unfit because his dd is always at this guys house (he takes good care of her and everything so we're thankful for that) and the ex is always "going out" and she recently got married to a marine that she had dated for a week and didn't think about the kiddos...does anyone know of any way to claim her unfit to pull hubby's dd out of an unstable situation??? and how do we go about proving it??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • You need to ask a lawyer. Unless a mom on here who is a lawyer and willing to give a free consultation answers you (and even then...because there is no way to know they are legit), you will have to ask a lawyer over the phone or in person.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

  • Contact a lawyer immediately and see about getting an emergency hearing. This guy, no matter how nice he is doesn't have rights to your daughter. Have you talked to him? He may not even be thinking about what rights he may or may not have he may just be taking care of her along with his own daughter because he knows what a loser her mom is.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

  • Honey, you need to hire a private eye that can watch her and then get a lawyer, so you will have the proof on what is going on or what the mom is doing all the time witch this will show the lawyer and judge you took your time and got proof of what is going on.. good luck honey

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.