Are families really important to American politicians or is it all lip service to get votes? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's lip service to get votes.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think that there are plenty of both. I also think there are plenty of pragmatic spouses of politicians that enjoy the perks and don't really care as much about the family either.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• *gasping for air* Whew!!! No that was a HILARIOUS question!!! OMG! What a great laugh for this morning! Thank you!

Politicians can't tell the truth! They don't even know the definition of the word! I will know the world is truly coming to an end when politicians begin telling the truth and keeping their promises!

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• A whole lot of both!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• A lot of both. Do they care about their families? Probably. Do they give two cents (not the word I want to use) about ours? Not as much. But a vote is a vote is a vote to them and they will cast themselves in the best possible way to get it. That goes for ALL of them.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• lip service.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The goal of politicians is re-election. They pander because that's how they get elected. Families, and especially childre,n matter very little-children do not vote. Poor people do not donate campaign money. Big business and unions donate the big bucks, hence all the legislation in their favor!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Some of them actually do care. I have not become that suspicious and mistrusting yet.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I believe some care but many just want those great perks and the feeling of power they get.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It would depend on the politician. I'm cynical enough to believe that a lot of it is lip service.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 12:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010