Why does no one RSVP anymore??

dragonlady320

Asked by dragonlady320 at 6:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• I don't know. It is totally annoying though. "rsvp" isnt just a closing on an invitation. I wonder if people just don't know what it means? lol
    v8v

Answer by v8v at 7:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Friends just got married, out of 100 RSVP cards (stamped and addressed), they got 30 back - and they had 175 at their wedding. The bride and groom actually called everyone two weeks prior to get a good number for the caterer.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Because people are too wrapped up in their own lives to bother showing consideration for other people. Our culture is in the toilet.

I have heard of people who send out birthday invitations to their child's birthday party and include the date and time, but withhold the location until the parent RSVP's. That way, no one can show up unexpectedly, which is of particular importance when you have to have an exact count prior to the party.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I do. People don't understand that those of us who are hosting parties need a head count, especially if it is at a place where we are paying by the head.

It's just so uncouth. (like the big word?)
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Same thing haqppened to me scuba. Although, we tried to make it easy for everyone by having them RSVP online on our wedding website. I also had to call people & ask if they were coming & some people even said " I thought you already knew i was coming" well....not if you didn't RSVP! It was so irritating!!!

YES, i really needed a headcount! That is huge for preparing a wedding!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i ALWAYS RSVP - one way or the other - i was reared very well - and part of that included lessons in etiquette!!!! AND if i receive a gift from someone and thank them in person, i always follow-up with a hand written thank you note - it's so sad that so few people practice good etiquette anymore!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010