Christians, do you think things like IVF go against God's will when it comes to having children? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• no. I think IVF is perfectly ok. Not all scientific progress is against God's will. i think if its not in God's will for you to have a baby then IVF or not, you won't have a baby.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 6:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• IVF is not a guaranteed method at all. The doctor does one bit, then the rest is still up to God. A lot of times IVF fails.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 6:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well, I'm sure god would support IFV. Since he created the universe & all, that includes the science of IVF. So, I'd say yeah. Cassy has a good point too. The Dr. Does his part & the rest is up to "god". Same goes for couples to do it the old fashioned way. They do their part & the rest is still up to god.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Who'd even know? Its not something you go around announcing to people.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No. Isn't that like saying its against God's will to do life-affirming/advancing medical procedure? ?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If your 'god' can be defeated by a test tube... then nowhere near all powerful.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 9:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, I believe God gave us this knowledge, so we should use it!
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 10:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• God said , "Be fruitful and multiply." I have never seen any thing in the scriptures where
    he ever specified that there is only one acceptable way to obey that particular command.
    Crimsonia

Answer by Crimsonia at 10:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have some deep concerns about it because it is almost guaranteed that at least some of the babies will die because not all of the fertilized eggs will implant. I'm also concerned about the fertilized eggs that are created but not used. Ultimately, each individual that does this has to justify their decision with God. I just think there are other alternatives that carry less risk for the babies.
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 11:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have some deep concerns about it because it is almost guaranteed that at least some of the babies will die because not all of the fertilized eggs will implant.

This KINDA happens in nature as well... women have miscarriages, there are tubal pregnancies.

OK... so the eggs may have implanted, but for some reason they ended up being somehow non-viable and the body rejects them or they implant improperly.

Either way, those particular babies created via the "natural" process, still end up dying just the same as IVF babies.
    Crimsonia

Answer by Crimsonia at 11:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2010