Saline nasal spray for babies?

Dr prescribed saline nasal spray for my DD. Normal ones, adults can use it aswell. I've had to use it before and it burnt the living daylights out of me. I'm kinda scared to give it to her. What if she chokes? How did you manage? Any other, more "humane" treatments for nasal congestion?

CassyzMom

Asked by CassyzMom at 6:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We use the Little Noses, it just thins out the mucos so it's not all stuck in there, and makes it easier to remove with the aspirator. Breastmilk does wonders also! Use it just like the saline, a few drops in the nose and it helps it clear up.
    AngelMama6203

Answer by AngelMama6203 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You can try "Little Noses" they're made for babies. I used breast milk and that worked just great... but it's not practical if you're not nursing.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Oh, you could also try a nice steamy bathroom or a vaporizer.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I used "Little Noses" as well as "Ayr" - if you read the contents though, they are basically the same. It does burn a little, but the sprays are really effective at getting their noses cleared out. (Along with a nasal aspirator).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• my babies dr said to use little noses
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• little noses. and i'm interested in how you used breat milk beckcorc. never heard of this before.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 11:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• she wont chocke just put a few drops in each nost and let it sit for a few seconds the suction out it loosens up all the snot
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010