Yeast Infection

My almost 9 month old daughter has a yeast infection and I've heard of other moms giving normal otc treatment and I was wondering if any of ya'll have had this to deal with or have heard of anything that will help. I can't get her into the dr for almost 2 wks. and it looks horrible and painful on her. I just don't want to have to put something in her to give her treatment for it unless I have to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son had it too. my peditrician just told me to get like athletes foot cream and it went away right away what i got is called.... let me check i still have it..... antifungal cream .... i got the store brand clotrimazole cream hope this helps :) have a good day
    christinaMJ

Answer by christinaMJ at 2:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• The treatments go on the outside of her body. The creams should only go on the spots that are infected. (then cover the entire bottom with vaseline or aquaphor to prevent further infection or spreading) I haven't tried any of the OTC, but I have Rx stuff from the doc. The first 2 times it worked great. Second time I had to get a different cream and that cream cleared it up almost immediately! If you're daughter is red and in pain, see if the nurse can see you or if you can get you a few samples.
    Anonymous

• I used lotrimin for athletes foot (dr ordered) it is pricy so I used the walmart brand with the same med!
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2008