I Heard....

i was told there was bottles that you could put cereal in if so what are they called?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just cut the top nipple bigger on a regular bottle.They do make them, I don't know what they are called.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:01 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I just used the Playtex VentAir bottles, but used a bigger size nipple (the stage 2)
    I haven't heard of bottles specifically for cereal.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I use to stick a fork in the nipple to make the hole a little bigger
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 1:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I think Gerber makes a nipple for use with cereal in a bollte. Or use a fork or hot needle to make the nipple hole larger.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Avent bottles, they have nipples with adjustable flow, especially for solids! (the Stage 3 nipples also work) Hope that helps!!!
    NickysMomma888

Answer by NickysMomma888 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i don't think any company actually makes a specific bottle for cereal. it is both unsafe and unhealthy to feed a baby cereal from a bottle in the first place, and i think a company would be crazy to promote that. [[sorry, i don't mean to sound rude]] but anyways, i think most people just cut the tips of the bottles when they do - i wouldn't encourage it, but if you do, just watch to make sure it's not too big and that the baby doesn't choke. also, don't put too much cereal in because it can lead to overeating (babies have a harder time knowing they're full when eating solids through a bottle instead of a spoon]]
    Anonymous

• I have never heard of this. there is really no reason to put cereal in a bottle. If your baby is not taking cereal from a spoon, then they are not ready for solids.
    Anonymous

• I use the drop in bottles and they have a "variable flow" nipple that is made for thicker liquids. They sell them at walmart and target stores. They have an X instead of just a hole. That's the only thing I've ever seen.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 6:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• DR.BROWN makes the Y cut nipple for cereal as well. I have tried it w/ my 3month old and he's doing fine, i wan to prepare him for the taste of the cereal on a spoon.
    Anonymous

• Babies are not supposed to eat through a bottle. They are supposed to eat from a spoon. If a baby can't eat from a spoon then they are not ready for solids. Putting cereal in bottles leads to over eating and obesity. Babies also tend to choke on the bottle/cereal mix because it is a lot thicker than just formula or BM. Also introducing solids before 4months leads to food allergies. It will not help your baby sleep through the night. The only time cereal in a bottle is acceptable is if it is a treatment for acid reflux and even now they make formula with the rice cereal in it so you don't have to mix it.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 11:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2008