Have You Turned on Your Furnace?

I had to break down and turn mine on today, it was 62 int he house. :( We're in NE Ohio.

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 7:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We turned ours on yestersay. It was 64 in the house plus it was raining so the damp made it feel even colder. I'm in south western Ontario, almost due north across the lake from you lol.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Nope and can't until it gets replaced this weekend. It better be this weekend. I am in SE Wisconsin.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• not yet, I am in Virginia..it is just starting to cool down here so I am trying to hold out since it is supposed to be back in the 70's later this week.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We turned it on last week but last night was the first time it came on (26° outside!) The thermostat is set at 66°. I'm in northern Lower Michigan.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yup, the temp is 38 out right now. It has been on a few times already, at night. I live in southern Indiana.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 8:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Nope, the heat pump will remain off until the end of October as we live in Eastern NC.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I had to turn it on yesterday. It got down to the low low 40s here last night, and while the kids and I would have been ok, my sister, who just moved up here with us from Texas, would have froze her bum off when she got up today. And since we aren't supposed to get abover 52 for the next three days, I am going to leave it on for a while just to make sure the kids rooms don't get too chilly. We keep it turmed to where it just takes the chill out of the air without making the air in the house stuffy.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Not yet ... probably won't until after Halloween. WAY after Halloween, like mid December or so. We still have our AC on. We keep our bedroom about 63, so the cooler temps will be very welcomed. =)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We haven't turned on the furnace, however we supplement with quartz heaters and we have turned those on a few times just to take the chill off. We live in north central Missouri.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Now, that would be insane. It was 105 here last week.

I live in Southern CA, about 45 minutes from Death Valley, if that gives you any indication.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 8:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010