Do you accept or reject Christ's substitutionary payment for our sin.

The bible states that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. But on the other two crosses there hung thieves, both started by mocking Jesus but as time passed one of them had a change of heart. His railing against the Savior turned to rebuke of the other criminal, and then to defense of Jesus, admission of his own guilt, and a plea for a place in Christ's kingdom.

On the hill that day, one man died in his sin, one Man died for sin, and the other was saved out of his sin. There are only two responses to the inevitability of death. We can either accept or reject Christ's substitutionary payment for our sin. How do you respond ?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 7:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• ZOEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 7:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I do not believe that anyone dies for our sins or that salvation is achieved that way.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I am not christian, therefore I do not believe Jesus died for anyone's sins.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Jesus Christ was God Himself. What possible inconvenience could death represent for an immortal god? None whatsoever. God would have an infinite capacity for enduring physical pain. He would also have the foreknowledge that he would soon be back in heaven, his original country. Therefore, his sacrifice is no sacrifice at all. It's all a sham. Additionally, Christ supposedly 'came back' three days later. So just what was sacrificed? It's not a sacrifice if you take it back. If in fact Jesus was God, and God is all powerful, then Jesus could have easily stopped his killers at any time. Therefore, the death of Jesus is more correctly labled as a suicide.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Christians claim that the price for sin was so high that Man could not pay it-- only God could pay the debt. Like a father who assumes the debt that his son cannot pay, we are told that God allowed Himself to be sacrificed on the cross so that he can forgive us. So, your child has just taken a cookie out of the cookie jar when he wasn't supposed to. Now, to forgive him, you tell him: “Take this hammer and these nails, and nail me up onto a piece of wood until I die. Murder me, perform a human sacrifice, and then I'll forgive you for taking a cookie.” The basis of Christianity is to sacrifice the guiltless in order to forgive those who did no wrong, for a crime that was no crime in the first place.

IhartU

• It's a nice gesture, but seems pointless.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I accept Jesus.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 9:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• There are only two responses to the inevitability of death. We can either accept or reject Christ's substitutionary payment for our sin. How do you respond ?  After giving your question due consideration, my most appropriate response is................ BULLSHIT!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:10 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• There are only two responses to the inevitability of death. We can either accept or reject Christ's substitutionary payment for our sin.

If you believe in Christ perhaps, if you don't well then it doesn't really matter now does it? Frankly, from a realistic approach, there isn't any response you can give to the inevitability of death. It's going to happen one way or another not to mention it's not something that even warrants a response. It's simply a part of life.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I didn't ask for anyone to pay for my being human. Aside from the fact that I don't believe Jesus died for anyone....he was merely a man, my fellow human being.
    So, no i do not accept any kind of "payment" for my being human. As I think to believe we are "sinful" only serves to tear us down as individuals...and to judge others.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2010