Facebook question - what would you do?

I had a falling out with my hubby's cousins wife. She kept getting me drinks at a family wedding even without asking and my fil went off on her. He told her she was drinking too much over 7 and she got pissed. After the wedding, she told me how upset she was with my fil. I am so happy. I heard he stood up for me and told her we don't get trashed like crazy at family weddings and that she was enabling me to keep on drinking and making fun at me with her daughter. Now her son's gf took me off fb as a friend and honestly I feeling like just dropping her kids and her.Wht should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm a little confused, why didn't you just tell her no, or just not drink them? And why were they making fun of you? In any case, if you aren't "friends" with them, remove them from your Facebook. Sounds like it's not a good relationship for you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• well here's the thing...i think i wouldnt drop them all at once..i just wouldnt go on FB for like weeks and or you could go on and then act like you werent ever on but you cant do anything if your gonna pretend. this is just FB...its not a serious thing and it also gives you time to think if you really want to delete them since you seem questionable right now. then, when the time is right and your SURE you want to delete them...just do it and maybe they wouldnt even notice.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would probably just hide their feeds for a while. Let it all pass. Then everyone can be happy and honky dory and friends again. lol Ok, but seriously though, I would hide their feeds for a while and then go from there. Maybe after all of this blows over, they will see how immature they were acting and they will try and make amends. Good luck! And remember, they are family.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think that I would just ignore them and let it go. But if it does come up, I think I would say something along the lines of "we were all drinking too much and behaving in ways that I'm sure we regret, we should all learn from it, and the less said, the better..." Because, honestly I don't mean this mean, but your drinking choice is YOUR choice - it doesn't matter how many drinks she was buying you - you chose to drink them, so that would be your problem / misbehavior. I've had people buy me drinks that I didn't want, I've said, oh, thanks, but I'm good - you drink it... then I left it sitting. They didn't buy a second one...

Again, I don't mean this in a mean way, but it sounds like you were all behaving inappropriately, and you all should just let it go.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You could delete them as friends, or if you didn't want to do that, just hide them from your feed. That way you don't have to see them. I am not sure what I would do. As much as I would want to delete them, I probably wouldn't. I don't think I would ever comment on anything they said, or on any pictures they put up. I would basically ignore them on FB.
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 8:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• She sounds like she could use some soul searching. What feels right in your heart?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It won't affect them no matter what you do, you can always add them back later.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Just ignore them. Were you all close?
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 9:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think that deleating them from fb would just add drama, why not just ignore them on it?
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Your drinking was your choice. She was "enabling you"? Wow, what an excuse. and it sounds like FIL was butting in, too.
    If you want to delete them, delete them. But don't blame others for your own decisions.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2010