Switching to bigger bottles?

A friend of mine suggested that i should switch Anna to a size 2 nipple (she will be 5 months on the 1st)... so i did and it was soooo messy!!! and she couldn't drink it and she was almost choking!

I never did it with my oldest daughter because she always acted the same way till this day she chokes easy...any suggestions?

kaylajean86

Asked by kaylajean86 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know friends always try to help an tell you what you should do with YOUR baby but if the faster nipple doesn't work for ya'll don't use it. There's no set time as to when you should do what. Just move at the same pace as your baby and everything will be fine. Raeleigh was on fast nipples for a while but we switched her back to slow because she was drinking so fast she wasn't realizing she was getting full. Sojust stick with the slow flow if that's what your baby likes and is BEST FOR THEM.
    xxsthrnswthrtxx

Answer by xxsthrnswthrtxx at 1:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If your babe eats well with the nipple she is using now, stick with it a little longer. OR, you can introduce the medium flow nipple during feedings where she is very awake and in a good mood- that will get her used to a faster flow. My 7 month old is on fast flow nips, she finishes a bottle in a flash when she is super hungry.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 1:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If the nipple is too fast, switch back. I switched to a variable flow nipple (platex) and that worked great. with the slow flow, feedings where taking almost an hour! With the varible, back to 15-20 minutes. Plus, they don't leak. Baby has to suck to get milk out. I like that part the best.
    Anonymous

• your her mom do what u feels best
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 2:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2008