Worried!

My hubby is my daughters step father but to her he is daddy and she looks and loves him as daddy. We are expecting our son within the next 5 weeks. I worry that him and his family will treat her differently than they treat my daughter. I dont want to think they would but I have a feeling that they will show how they really feel. will my marriage last through it though? It would break her heart and I sometimes find myself over doing it with her so that she knows how much MOMMY loves her. It would kill me to watch it hurt her feelings and make her upset because "daddy" has his own bio child and doesnt love her as much as he does him???

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you..........I know should that happen she has a very loving mom that will fix that in a hurry. Enjoy, and if your close to the inlaws you may bring this subject up in a subtle and very nice way,  you just may avoid the problem your anticipating. GL hon

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You shouldn't worry about what hasn't happened yet. If they love your DD, and treat her as one of their own now, nothing is going to change when the new baby comes. Be prepared that new babies get a lot of attention - that's normal regardless of the familial situation. Relax! :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Momma just relax, nothing really is gonna change. His family loves your DD and they are gonna love this new baby just the same.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Nothing will change. If they love her now, they will love her when the new baby comes. The baby may get a little more attenetion, but that is just because he is a baby....... Don't stress out about it.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 9:06 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I know how you feel, I'm newly single and thinking of getting my tubes tied because of that reason. That being said, have you discussed your concern with your dh? I think it will be fine, but he might help put your mind at ease by just reassuring you how much he loves your daughter
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• you shouldn't worry about a drastic change like that but the truth is there will be some. Not because he is not her bio father but the fact of the matter is all newborns generate more attention. Just let others know to tread carefully if you notice too much of a chance toward your daughter because they might not realize what they are doing. Good luck and be blessed
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Don't worry about something like this; at least, not now. You have other things you need to take care of and worry about; this shouldn't be one of them. Cross that bridge when you get to it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2010