when to test?

I have kind of irregular periods and I am not sure when exactly to expect mine. I have been charting for about 4 months now but they never come at the same time. I do know when I ovulated and have been checking my cervical position. My cervix is pretty high and closed. I have been told that this is a sign of pregnancy so I am wondering if I should test now or wait a week or so? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Since you know the date that you ovulated, I would suggest testing 12 days after that date, then every other day until AF comes. Good luck!
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 1:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If you absolutely can't wait, I'd say get one of those First Response tests and don't test before 10-12 days past ovulation to minimize your chances of getting a false negative if you are pregnant. But you can save money by waiting at least 15 days and see if your period shows up (and if you get to 18 days, you can be fairly certain you're pregnant even without the test). And your cervix should be high and closed like that every cycle after you ovulate, whether pregnancy occurs or not. It only opens and comes down when ovulation is approaching, that's one way you can tell whether ovulation has occurred or not.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008