Hospital Bedrest?

I am sooo worried that i will have to go on hospital bedrest when I go back for my checkup (for shortened cervix.. which was 1.4 last week and if goes under 1 will be h.br) does anyone know if they would FOR SURE make me go on hospital bedrest? I mean I have about 5 weeks to go. is it only if I go under 1 before 32 weeks or will it be before 34 weeks? because I am almost 31 weeks and I reallY DO NOT want to go on hospital bedrest

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• It really depends on your doctor, and what he/she thinks is best for you and the baby.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you can definitively say that you will have someone at home taking care of your every need 24/7, and you live relatively close to the hospital, you may be able to avoid hospital bedrest. BUT, when I say every need 24/7, that's exactly what that means, you absolutely can't ever be without an adult caregiver right there.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You know....the baby's health is more important than whether or not you want to be on bedrest. Its not all about you.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2010