Should i feel bad?

My doctor told me about 2 weeks ago (when my cervix shortened to 1.4) that if i went below a 1 I would have to go on hospital bedrest.. the next visit (last week) I was still at a 1.4. I have been stressing about it not because I am worried about having him too soon (bc i am almost 31 weeks (wednesday) and i (and my doc)have a very STRONG feeling that i iwll make it to at least 34-35 weeks (i have recieved the shot to help develop his lungs and all , so my doc said after 33-34 weeks we are in the clear and after 36 week NO WORRIES AT ALL), I have been looking forward to my baby showers since that is about ALL the getting out of the house other than the doctor i get to do. My 1st baby shower is saturday, and my second is on the 23rd. I get more stressed the closer we get because I am worried that I will have to go on h.br before my showers :( would they let me out for a few hours for my showers???

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No if they put you on hospital bedrest you do not get to leave. They will have to bring they baby shower(s) to you. No you shouldn't feel bad. This is not something you can control. The baby's health as well as your own comes first.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think you should be more worried about the babies health then a shower... They could always have a small one whereever your having your bed rest, or just wait till after the baby is born. Sure it's not the 'traditional' way, but who cares... :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you're on bedrest, in the hospital, they are not going to let you out for a few hours to go to a shower. If the hospital allows it, have some of your gifts brought to you. Worst case, have the showers after the baby is born.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Priority #1 is a healthy baby so the showers can be postponed if neccesary. Then there is even more reason to celebrate!! GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Unfortunately, no, they will not let you out of the hospital for a few hours to attend the showers if you are put on hospital bedrest. My suggestion would be to bring a few small gifts to you at the hospital (if that is what happens) with just a few people, and then try and reschedule the baby showers for when you get out of the hospital, and everyone can meet the new baby, too!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i agree id be more worried about babys health not baby shower
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010