IUD Question adult content

I've had the Mirena IUD for 9 months now....

In the first 8 months (and for 4 years before) I had the same sexual partner and he always complained that he could feel my strings when we had sex...said it felt like little needles poking him, not painful but noticeable.

I have never been able to find my strings myself so I don't even try to check each month...plus I haven't had a period in months. I've been to the doc and had my strings checked though and they were in place...that was maybe 3 months after I had the IUD inserted.

Well, 2 weeks ago I had sex with someone different and he said he could not feel the strings when we had intercourse....which was odd because 2 weeks earlier my former partner COULD feel them. To top it all off...the condom got stuck up inside me with new partner and I had to fish it out...

Does the fact that new partner didn't feel the strings necessarily mean the IUD is out of place?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Didn't you ask this in another post?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Not necessarily. Some men are just more sensitive than others. Check your cervix and see if the strings are still there.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:58 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• not really. He could be a bit shorter than your previous partner, or angled different so he isn't hitting where the strings are. If you think your IUD isn't where it's supposed to be or if you think you might be pregnant you should go to your doc and get checked out.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Not necessarily. Different penises are shaped differently and will hit things differently inside you. The strings don't stick out of the cervix very far, so it's easy to miss them. If you can't find it, it's a good idea to get it checked.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010