IUD Question PIOG adult content

I've had the Mirena IUD for 9 months now....

In the first 8 months(& for 4 years before that) I had the same sexual partner and he always complained that he could feel my strings when we had sex...said it felt like little needles poking him, not painful but noticeable.

I have never been able to find my strings myself so I don't even try to check each month...plus I haven't had a period in months. I've been to the doc and had my strings checked though and they were in place...that was maybe 3 months after I had the IUD inserted.

Well, 2 weeks ago I had sex with someone different and he said he could not feel the strings when we had intercourse....which was odd because 2 weeks earlier my former partner COULD feel them. To top it all off...the condom got stuck up inside me with new partner and I had to fish it out...

Does the fact that new partner didn't feel the strings necessarily mean the IUD is out of place?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• Listen having a different partner doesn't mean that your IUD is out of place. You and him had sex for the first time RIGHT? then he doesn't know what you feel like unless you have sleep together in pass. What he felt is normal and that's how you feel inside.

2ND of all my IUD (mirana) i had more problems then you could think of with mine. To make a long story short i can no longer have children for the fact of that mirana.Google side effects and i will think you would think twice about getting it removed.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, it could mean he has a smaller penis. I have Mirena & after a few months, it kind of curled up & over to the side of my cervix & bunched up. I was concerned that it did that, but the Gyno said it is great because when it bunches up off to the side of your cervix, it's a lot less likely for your partner to feel it. She left the strings longer than usual. She does this on purpose because she says if the strings are too short, they won't bunch up off to the side & that they can poke your partner. Anyhow, she is a Mirena advocate big time.

Sometimes, i cannot feel my strings, sometimes i can, I do check once a month, usually when i am on my period & in the shower because the Dr. said that is the best time to check. My DH does not feel the strings anymore. He used to in the beginning, but not anymore.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• well, i love my mirena. I've never had any complications & i don't know what i'd do without it. As soon as this one is gone, I'm getting a new one. According to my gyno, most mirena problems stem from bad insertion.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Your previous partner was probably feeling the IUD itself because it is placed in the lower uterus. It is normal to not feel the strings. I second the comment about looking up the side effects of an IUD though. I am so glad I had mine removed.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, doesn't mean that it has "moved." I was also concerned, and called my doctor. They said that there is no possible way to tell that it has "moved" without having a sonogram. I think you're in the clear.
    blueeyedbabyz

Answer by blueeyedbabyz at 9:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2010