will this hurt my baby?

I am 12 weeks pregnant, It was so bad last night I couldn't breath or stay still. I felt like I was in a box and couldn't get out. my heart was racing. I tried everything, to breathing, sitting in a quit room and meditation. nothing worked, so I took a half of a 1mg kolonopin. I am never going to do that again. is my baby ok? I am freaking out that I hurt my baby by taking that. HELP

ndf1012

Asked by ndf1012 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• was the medication approved by your ob?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Call your doctor!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i dont know if that is dangerous or not but i do know what its like to have a panic attack and that sounds like what was going on....i prob would have done the same thing...its a terrifying feeling to be panicking and not be able to control it
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• no I have been taking it for years and didn't take it for a while now but I just couldn't take it I needed something. but I asm never going to take it again just wanted to know if anyone did this or do you think just taking one and one only will hurt my baby
    ndf1012

Comment by ndf1012 (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• mamagee1218 exactly
    ndf1012

Comment by ndf1012 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would talk to your doctor about it and see what he/she recommends you do if this happens again in the future.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i would talk to you doc. BUT i deff wouldn't take anything like that again unless your doc has given it to you! im not saying it will hurt you for just 1 time, But the 1 time you will be like okay so it didnt hurt my baby that 1 time, & maybe take it again if your in distress like that, & i wouldnt take any chances at all. with anything
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010