Holiday shopping, baking, cards & wrapping.....

Love it or hate?

Do you do it all yourself, get help from family &/or friends or hire someone else to do all of it or some of it for you?

mom2aspclboy

Asked by mom2aspclboy at 9:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• love it. do it all myself plus help other people out with the wrapping/cooking/baking too. love christmas and thanksgiving!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I love it! Usually I do most of it myself, but my husband helps with some of the wrapping.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i do it all :) its my favorite time of year!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I absolutely love love love to do it! It is quite relaxing to me. In fact, I've thought about maybe handing out some flyers and maybe even getting some business cards made up and handing those out to for me to be a personal shopper for those that despise it. How great would it be to shop using other people's money? haha
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• QueenMomma2023, I'm thinking about doing the exact same thing! I've always provided a big tray of cookies & other homemade treats to the staff at my son's schoosl and they always told me that I should be selling cookie trays to teachers because teachers never have time to bake. I always laughed it off, but now that my son is older & doesn't require quite as much of my time, I'm thinking maybe it's not such a bad idea.
    mom2aspclboy

Comment by mom2aspclboy (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I love it but think I'm going to have to take it easier this year since I'll have a newborn...
    I've been working on homemade gifts for family members since this summer :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I love to do holiday baking and decorating. Hate the shopping because every place is so crowded. I do a lot of my shopping online. I don't do many cards anymore, just send to close family and friends who live far away. And I do all of it myself except for the outside lights which DH does.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 9:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I love shopping for my children and hubby for Christmas. I also love decorating! I haven't done any baking for the family yet, but this year I plan on it. I love sending Christmas cards out.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i LOVE it! soo much fun and it gets my spirits up! its my fav time of year!
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I try to get some done a little at a time at sales because there's always a mad dash during christmas time. A great day to shop is the day after Thanksgiving because of all the sales and it's also known as the day when prices are slashed down on lots of good stuff.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010