Police Kills 2 in Line of Duty and No charges Filed. On the Today Show.

I know it was in the line of duty, going about 119 miles an hr to a call, BUT, he was texting his girl friend, and was on the computer in the squad car, all at the same time. He pled quilty and had no charges as far as any jail time because it was in the LINE OF DUTY. OMG 2 girls were killed, he crossed the media strip and tore the top of their car off, they never had a chance. He is now pleading not gulity in a Civil Court, saying he pled quilty in the Court case because he knew he didn't have a chance with a jury. NOW, he's filing for Workmans Comp and he is most likely going to get it, for his complete neglegence. THE TOOPER has NEVER apologized to the Mother of the 2 girls he KILLED. Is this fair justice for the Mother of the 2 girls killed? IMO NO.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Seriously? Wow. I'm gonna have to look up this story. The families deserve an apology. As well as justice. This is why I can't respect the justice system. It works when its convenient to work. If I were the family I would not take this sitting down. I'd be calling everyone and on everyones ass until I got justice for my babies.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• he should apologize and get charged because texting was not part of his "on duty" requirements.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I just saw this story on the Today Show too and I'm thoroughly disgusted.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I totally missed this segmant and wanted to see it! I think he should have more severe repurcussions (sp?) than he has had so far. And he should definitely apologize, both privately and publicly, and HE SHOULD MEAN IT!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• ANYBODY who texts while driving is an irresponsible idiot. HE was texting. He is not exempt. He deserves to be punished as anyone else would. This is just wrong.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sad and wrong :( he should be held accountable....*sigh*
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• He should be charged with reckless driving and manslaughter- he should also be fired. The town will be paying ($$$$) for his ignorance.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• He should def. do some jail time. Texting is not okay, even more so 'in the line of duty'... how sad.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The case is a couple of years now, and the Mother said it's too late for an apology, it should have already been done. It would probably seem he's doing it because it's been said he didn't on the news now, and wasn't really doing it on his own.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010