Have you started your holiday baking yet?

I have....sort of. I've started mixing up drop cookie dough & freezing it for baking later so that I can have fresh cookies when I need them, but not all the mess when I'm busy doing so many other things for the holidays.

mom2aspclboy

Asked by mom2aspclboy at 9:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No. Last minute person here.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i just do it all at once.....it doesn't take me long at all. plus the kids like to help so we just do it all at once
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i'm with christine0813, but that's because i put my cookies in tins and give them out as gifts for Christmas, so i wait til the last minute so they are fresh. but i will bake a few batches for me and my girls to enjoy probably sometime in early december =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well I do a lot of fun Halloween cookies and treats, as well as Christmas cookies and treats, I plan on starting after the baby is born.... I can't wait, I love how the house smells during these seasons....yummy.......
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 9:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I put a couple of tubs of drop cookie dough in the freezer last week... I plan to make a bunch of pie crust to put in the freezer this week. I'm starting earlier than normal because our baby is due in a few weeks :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I will do my Christmas baking closer to Christmas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, not quite yet. My freezers are crammed full right now and I don't have room.

I prefer to start baking for Thanksgiving the weekend before the holiday. Then I'll spend the next 2 weekends making Christmas candies, Christmas baking starts after that.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• For me, apple season is a holiday in itself... lol... I seriously bring out my better side during this time and Love the smell of cooking apples in the kitchen, combined with the fall colors and smells. So its apple sauce, apple bread, cider brined tenderloin, apple pies, spiced cider, you name it. The family loves it because it cheers up the home so much and is such a great intro into the holiday season...
    Happy baking!
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 10:11 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm doing it this week because Thanksgiving is next Monday.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, but my sister is the baker more than I, and she just made some of the best chocolate chip cookies last nite, kinda got me in the mood to bake too.
    suesellshouses

Answer by suesellshouses at 12:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010