Trend Micro Internet Security

Do you use this software for your anti-virus/spyware/firewall protection? What do you like about it? Have you encountered any problems?

emubren

Asked by emubren at 1:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Entertainment

• it comes highly recommended by computer gurus. Try joining some of the Computer Moms groups and ask the same question to those who know their stuff. I listened when they told me about it. I'm very impressed with it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I've never heard of it. I use Norton 360 for my internet protection. Remember you get what you pay for. But the word "Micro" implys small so Ide be wondering how well it can protect my PC. Also no matter what program and firewall you use, your only as safe as your last update.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I Use Windows Defender and AVG anitvirus.
    I also.... as an added reassurance...use CCleaner to do routine mantenaince.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 1:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Never heard of it. I'm sure this was helpful, so be sure to vote me for "best answer." ;-)
    BigMommaJesca

Answer by BigMommaJesca at 1:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yea, anything offereing me 'micro' protection does not get my vote. I want MAX protection on MY computer.
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Just so you all know...Trend Micro is the Co.
    Not a Micro Product.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 1:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I bought Norton 360, but it was too late, my computer is already infected with the virtumonde virus... I am running in safe mode right now...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It is awesome. They have a free virus/spyware scan on their website. It was recommended to me by a guy I know who works in computers. They also have regular antivirus software as well. It is updated regularly (even more regularly that the Norton on my brother's computer).
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 1:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I use Kapersky. I haven't had any major probs. Had Norton before and it was horrible. Never used Trend Micro. A friend says AVG is really good, though.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2008