For the betterment of your family adult content

Would you consider any of these three ILLEGAL activites to be OK if the person is only doing them for the betterment of their family. Why/ of Why not?

1) selling marijuana

2) robbing banks, convience stores etc.....

3) crossing the boarders

sheloveearth

Asked by sheloveearth at 9:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Depends on what you mean by the "betterment" of their family, but for the most part I am going to have to say no, because there is always a LEGAL way to make sure that your family is taken care of. You just have to work a little harder at it.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, No, and No!! They are all illegal and there are ways to approach number 3 legally. You can legally get permits do be a day laborer here in the states.

As for the "betterment" of family - how is a parent doing something illegal a good example for the children?
    If you are struggling - there are menial jobs all over that can be done, maid, fast food worker, etc. There is no shame in doing manual labor to help make ends meet for your family.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• How can it be a "betterment" as it is teaching the children very wrong behaviors? I am not against marijuana, but stealing? Nope, no matter how bad things got in our family, I refused that option. Crossing the border? There are guidelines to it and by doing it illegally, you are putting a burden on tax payers to support you, especially when they are struggling themselves.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 9:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• nope. it won't make your family better for the parent (supposed to be a role model) doing illegal things. it might make them richer, but not better.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• NO! If you actually want to "better" your family you need to work for it. All of those examples are quick fixes and can greatly effect other people who are involved. ie: selling marijuana can cause obvious harm to the person buying it, robbing a bank can cause a teller to have emotional problems and possibly quit their job, and crossing borders is WRONG on all accounts.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 9:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, I don't think any of them are okay. Nothing illegal will ever BENEFIT your family. Because while you may get by for a little bit, if you get CAUGHT, the consequences COULD put your family in a much worse position than before.

Bank robbery made me laugh. Most robbers only get away with $2,000. Not much at all.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:57 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well, every one of those puts your children in danger in some way so it's not really bettering your family. And as for robbery, stealing and hurting other people is not a value I teach my children, so in that case the money would not be bettering my family at all.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, No, and No.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If marijuana were legal, I'd have no problem with someone selling it. Do you have a problem with a parent being a bartender?

The other two I have extreme issues with. Neither of those could ever be considered victimless crimes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:33 AM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would do anything to keep food on my children's plates and clothes on their backs.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2010